RECENT WARDROBE ADDITIONS
I wanted to give you all a little glimpse of the pieces that I have recently added to my wardrobe and bring you along with the sort of thought process I went through with each piece. Most of the pieces I purchased and thus are a part of my 5 items per season, but some were gifted to me. Some of the pieces added were to fill basic needs in my wardrobe where I had found I was missing something, and some of them are a bit more of a statement piece but as always, I know they will still get lots of wear.
- Black Crane Quilted Pants in Black - I already own the white pair and absolutely love them, and I have been looking for a slouchy black pair of pants. The color of the black pair is a bit more washed out then I typically would go for, but I know they will get worn and be perfect for warmer weather.
- Hackwith Design House Millie Kimono - Really love the subtle no-print bleach print on this kimono and I think it will be the perfect layering piece for spring and summer weather. I love how the subtle texture will add a bit more dimension to any outfit. I am taking a trip to Hawaii next month and couldn't help but to picture wearing this everyday day while I am there.
- Isabel Marant Raw Silk top (similar top here) - Honestly the last thing that I needed was another black top, but I am a huge sucker for raw silk. I love the type of top that can carry me from morning to night, and always feel perfect for any occasion.
- Madewell Black Shift Dress (similar style here) - I needed a black dress with longer sleeves for these never ending colder months and I really loved the delicate and somewhat modern seams on this one. Its 100% silk so it will last a long time and be able to withstand lots of wear.
- Madewell Leather Tour Vest - Every girl has got to have a little bit of leather- right?! I chose a vest over a little moto jacket because I liked the fact that it could be more of a layering piece- I can layer it over dresses in the summer and blazers in the winter and always make it seasonally appropriate.
- Zara Black Bootie (similar style here) - Found these on a major sale and couldn't resist the chunkier heel on them, and the fact that they are 100% leather. I wanted a black boot that I could wear out, no matter what the weather is like and not be totally worried about if they get ruined. Lets face it- sometimes when you live in 5 feet of snow for months on end you need some cheaper boots. I still love the way they look and fit so I am hoping that I can make them last!
- Camden Tote - I have had my brown Transport Tote for over 4 years now and it is starting to get pretty well loved looking. I have recently noticed myself slowly inching away from browns in my wardrobe I thought a black tote would be a nice addition. This one is the perfect size and I was drawn to how it was a bit more structured in style.
For more guidance on shopping for clothing look back here!